Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hurry Up and Wait!

This closing thing certainly toys with one's emotions! D. and I - after the events, or non-events, of the past week - were convinced we were never going to move. We even started looking at rental listings. And we have been alternating nights of stressful non-sleep (I slept Saturday, Sunday, and last night; he slept Friday and Monday). But I got a call this morning that sketchy sellers' attorney/brother/mafioso wants to close on Monday! Yes, three business days from now. So this is great in theory, but the lawyer/bank folks realistically need a bit more time, as they were given NO warning, so we're actually looking at Thursday the 17th. So, in the past hour, I've locked into our mortgage rate (at a lower rate than we were even offered in December, let alone November!), bought a year's worth of insurance, cancelled some work meetings for next Thursday, and left my broker a message to schedule a walk-through.

As my insurance agent just said, "Wow, talk about 'hurry up and wait!"
As my lawyer said, "Wow, this guy is obviously not a real estate attorney."
I just say, "Wow, what is going to go wrong next!"

No comments: